Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 71 to 79 of 79

Thread: DUBYA'S COMMENTS

  1. #71
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: DUBYA'S COMMENTS

    Not directed at anyone in particular, but just a few comments on what I've read so far:

    1. We live in a Republic. True, it utilizes methods found in democracies, but the U.S. is a republic, not a democracy.

    2. Why are the Dems so afraid of a judge's personal opinion about abortion? I mean this whole selection process now comes down to whether a nominee is going to support the Roe vs. Wade decision or stand against it. You want to know why our country is going to [censored] in a hatbasket? The millions of innocents we are killing off each year. I'm amazed God has allowed this nation to prosper as much as He has.

    3. Reps spend more than Dems so they can get elected? About the most comical comment I've seen yet.

    4. The gov. can put all the wiretaps on my phones they want to, because I don't have anything to hide. They'd get bored pretty dang fast listening in at our house. I appreciate the fact that they are doing the hard thing in order to protect me and my family. Do any of you really believe our government took a "hands-off" approach to the public's personal liberty and privacy during WWII??? VietNam???

    5. Crooked politicians??? HELLOOOO....... There are very few men and women made from the same cloth as Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, or even Eleanor Roosevelt. Much is the pity, as the ones who are of that cloth never go into politics. Its just as well, as they would be like sheep amongst wolves. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  2. #72
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: DUBYA'S COMMENTS

    "1. We live in a Republic. True, it utilizes methods found in democracies, but the U.S. is a republic, not a democracy."

    By definition a democracy is a government by the people either directly or through elected representives.

    The definition of a republic is not a monarch and in modern times is usually a president.

    Our government uses the principles of democracy in our legislative branch and the principles of a republic in our executive branch...so really we have a unique government which is both a republic AND a democracy. If our president was the sole representative in gov't elected by the people our system would strictly be considered a republic...but since we have an elected congress then you have to consider our government a democracy.


  3. #73
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: DUBYA'S COMMENTS

    What you say is true but the bottom line, as you will find in reference books, is that the U.S. is categorized as a republic.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  4. #74
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: DUBYA'S COMMENTS

    [ QUOTE ]
    "I'm not to the point that I think Bush didn't know better than he admits, but I could still stand just a little better job running the show."

    Better job in what way? Any specific suggestions?

    [/ QUOTE ] I wanted some idea of what was going to be done in Iraq , do this and get out, kinda thing/agenda- I think our stay in that country has been used as a stepping stone. MSN today-
    Hamas captures election majority, officials say
    Peace efforts in doubt; Hamas says recognizing Israel "?not on our agenda'

    horsemen on the horizion [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

  5. #75
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: DUBYA'S COMMENTS

    A stepping stone for what? Going to war with the entire Arab world? Maybe...I'm not ruling anything out yet.

  6. #76
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: DUBYA'S COMMENTS

    I think the Hamas played the "infidel" card enough to win this election and warp the balance of mid-east power, as it was. Sorry, I wasn't too clear, I didn't mean that Bush/the US was gonna use it that way. And before it is over, we may find ourselves with a bunch of foes, just one ally. The rest of the world will want the oil, I think.

  7. #77
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: DUBYA'S COMMENTS

    [ QUOTE ]
    Why are the Dems so afraid of a judge's personal opinion about abortion? I mean this whole selection process now comes down to whether a nominee is going to support the Roe vs. Wade decision or stand against it. You want to know why our country is going to [censored] in a hatbasket? The millions of innocents we are killing off each year. I'm amazed God has allowed this nation to prosper as much as He has.


    [/ QUOTE ] I was talking about the eminent domain ruling and the raping of the pension funds. Abortion shouldn't be hard to figure, I'm more worried about the killing of our parents, right now. One group says "We are gonna stop abortion, we are morally correct." Sorta like the SS issue, Clinton left enough of a surplus if Bush had acted when he first went into office the over/under plan had a chance to work(no,I don't think Clinton gets all the credit for the surplus, the guy that put the plan together had been in the upper part of SS since Reagan and quit when Bush didn't act.)....but after all the promises we still don't see any changes against abortion either. Lead ,folllow or get out of the way. We need a lottery for president. I will bet the next one(prez) leans so far the other way I get carsick. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  8. #78
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: DUBYA'S COMMENTS

    Well Hamas didn't win the election but they got enough of a percentage to get quite a few seats and cause the ruling party to come to the negotiation table. Its going to be interesting no doubt.

  9. #79
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: DUBYA'S COMMENTS

    [ QUOTE ]
    Well Hamas didn't win the election but they got enough of a percentage to get quite a few seats and cause the ruling party to come to the negotiation table. Its going to be interesting no doubt.

    [/ QUOTE ]"Hamas captures election majority, officials say
    Peace efforts in " DUH wonder what that story is about then? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I put the link up once, maybe I'm lost , check it for me and see- hamas - I called it horseman above. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •